Who we are
HACOFCO: CONNECTED BY COFFEE
The Hamburg Coffee Company HACOFCO mbH was founded in Hamburg in 1987. With a love and passion for sustainable green coffee, we have grown to become one of the leading green coffee traders in the world. In addition to our high quality standards, we are characterized by independence, cooperation based on partnership, and sustainable action.
We take pride in being the bridge from coffee producers, to coffee roasters, globally. We cover the entire spectrum of the green coffee market, ranging from commercial grades to sustinability initiatives to the higheset echelon of specialty coffee.
Employees at four locations worldwide
of the traded coffee comes from sustainable cultivation
HACOFCO was founded in Hamburg
Suppliers from over 30 growing countries
On site: Import and Export
- Worldwide coffee trade with focus on the sales markets Germany and Europe
- Import of freshly harvested qualities from all growing countries
- Expertise in trading certified green coffees
- Coffees from our own initiatives
- Close network of exporters, agents and forwarders
With our own green coffee stocks in various ports, we can address any delays - and thus react quickly in the interests of our customers.
Once the coffee has arrived at the port, it is either made available at the warehouse for collection or delivered directly, depending on the delivery conditions.
We are happy to advise on customized blends, which we will implement according to your specifications.
We Know Quality
- Careful selection of our suppliers
- Further control before shipment by our own agents.
- State of the art sample room
- Sample evaluation (offer, pre-shipment or arrival samples)
- Sensory analysis: multiple tastings per day
- Customized cupping experiences for customers Sieving, moisture testing, defect counting, volume testing
- Staff expertise: great Q grading expertise.
Keep on Trucking: Logistics and storage
- Best possible monitoring of the supply chain and continuous presence of our agents in the country of origin.
- Cooperation with renowned logistics partners - whether for inland transport in countries of origin or at sea.
- The coffee is imported via all major European ports and stored locally at selected warehouses.
- Just-in-time delivery to customers with individually agreed delivery times.
Risk Management Solutions
- In-house risk management team
- We will be happy to advise you on classic hedging instruments such as hedging and options as well as on tailored programs of price-risk management.
- Current and continuous market analyses and reports
Be in the Know: Education and counseling
- Creation of roasted blends according to your preferences and imagination
- We offer full support for start-up coffee businesses and help establish a product portfolio
- Advice on your own sustainability projects, certifications and current legislation
In 1992, we founded our American subsidiary American Coffee Corporation (Amcof) in New Jersey. As a wholly owned subsidiary, it is responsible for the distribution of green coffee throughout the Americas.
In 2017, Specialty Coffee Trader ICT from San Diego, California, became part of the HACOFCO Group, with a shared focus on specialty and sunstainable coffee
Work with us
Interested in a "career in coffee"?
Great, because we are always looking for passionate individuals. At the intersection of markets, logistics, finance and more, HACOFCO might be the right place for you. No matter if you are an industry veteran or looking for a role in coffee, please reach out to us.
In cooperation with the Hamburg School of Business Administration (HSBA), we are committed to developing the next generation of coffee leaders
- Three years of apprenticeship and study
- Degree: Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.)
- Courses of study:
- Business Administration (language: 75 % German, 25 % English)
- Logistics Management (Language: 100 % English)
More at hsba.de or with us: